What Is The Perfect Sleep Environment For Babies?
Creating a safe, comfortable sleep environment for your baby will help reduce the risk of SIDS and increase their overall sleep quality. Check out the list below to see if you’re doing everything you can to give your little one the perfect sleep environment for babies.
How to create the perfect sleep environment for babies
- The safest place for your newborn to sleep is in their own crib.
- Always lay your baby on their back to sleep.
- Remove any toys, blankets, pillows, etc. from the crib.
- Keep the room dark by investing in blackout blinds and turning lights off.
- Create a calm environment with soft nature sounds if your baby finds white noise soothing.
- Make sure the room temperature isn’t too cool or too hot – somewhere between 20°C to 22.2°C should be just right.
- Rather than putting your newborn in baby pyjamas, try a baby sleep bag to keep them safe, warm and comfortable.
- Keep cigarette smoke and other harmful substances far away from your baby’s sleep environment.
- A ceiling fan or pedestal fan may be useful in helping create airflow in the room.
- If you have multiple children, try to explain to them that quiet time needs to happen while baby is sleeping to reduce outside noise.
All of the above points assist in reducing the risk of SIDS and giving your newborn a sleep environment they will feel completely at peace in. If you have any questions about your baby’s sleep habits or if you need any help at all getting them into a solid sleep schedule, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. We all need a little help every so often. It’s ok to not have everything under control. That’s why sleep specialists exist – it’s why we do what we do.
Sleep sweet and deep and remember that you’re doing an AMAZING job as a parent x