Safe Baby Playtime & Sleep Set Up
Keeping things safe for your little one around playtime and sleep time can seem a little daunting to begin with. How can you tell which positions are safe for them to lie and sleep in? How should they be placed on the ground or in their crib so they’re less likely to be affected by SIDS or other dangerous conditions? Let’s take a look at some of the best safe baby playtime and sleep set up options for your little one.
Baby Playtime Set Up
Setting up a safe environment for your baby to play in is so important in aiding their development and reducing the risk of SIDS and injury. Tummy time helps prevent flat spots on baby’s head and gives baby some time off their back, using their arms to hold themselves up.
Here are the best tips I can give to set your little one up for a super fun, super safe play time before putting them to bed for a night time sleep or a nap.
- Always keep baby in sight during playtime.
- Remove obstacles and obstructions from the area.
- Lay a soft mat on the floor to cushion their contact.
- Provide them with a few soft toys and sensory interests to explore.
Baby Sleep Set Up
When it comes to sleep time for babies, it’s important to take precautions to make sure they sleep sweetly, deeply and safely through the night. While tummy time might be perfect for playtime, babies should never be placed face down when it’s time for sleep. Here are some tips for increasing baby’s safety through the night after they’ve been tuckered out from playtime.
- Always sleep babies on their backs.
- Remove any toys, loose blankets or other obstructions from the bassinet.
- Sleep babies in their crib, not in the bed with you.
- Make sure babies sleep on a firm surface.
- Keep the room dark to avoid distractions.
There are many more SIDS safe ways to keep your baby safe and sound during playtime and sleep time, so if you’d like to know more, or if you just want some help getting your baby to sleep through the night, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. We’re always here to help!
Sleep sweet and deep my friends x